- What is necessary for smartphone link?
To use Apple CarPlay, an iPhone running iOS8 or later versions is necessary. To use Android Auto, an Android smartphone running Android OS5.0 or later versions is necessary. The cable attached to iPhone or Android smartphones is necessary for connection.
- What happens if two smartphones are connected?
The unit can link to only one smartphone. The phone first connected to the unit has priority.
- Can the smartphone-link function be used when in a wireless connection state?
It cannot be used when in a wireless connection (such as Wi-Fi) state.
- Which cell phone can connect to the unit via Bluetooth®?
Refer to the Smartphone Compatibility List on our website. Some cell phones can connect to the unit even if they are not on the list.
- How many cell phones can be connected to the unit at one time?
Two Bluetooth® devices, one for Hands-Free talk and the other for audio, can be connected to the unit at one time. For registration (pairing) in the unit, five devices are possible.
- Can contacts in a cell phone’s phonebook be forwarded to the unit’s phonebook?
All or single contacts in a cell phone’s phonebook can be forwarded. Refer to the instruction manual of the unit and the cell phone for how to transfer the phonebook.
- How many contacts can be forwarded to the unit’s phonebook?
1,000 contacts per cell phone can be forwarded. Four telephone numbers can be registered for a contact. A contact without a name or number cannot be forwarded.
- Can a cell phone battery be charged from a USB terminal of the unit?
It can be charged from a USB terminal of the unit except when the power is turned off. Refer to the unit’s instruction manual for the specification.
- What do I do if I forget the password for the telephone lock function?
Delete the registration (pairing) of the cell phone and then register again. Once pairing is deleted, the phonebook data forwarded from that cell phone is also deleted.
- How to listen to music stored in a Bluetooth® device?
Pair the Bluetooth® device to the unit, and then play back music by using the unit’s Bluetooth® function.
- Can video files stored in a USB memory be played back?
The unit does not support the playback mode for video files in USB memory.
- How to listen to music stored in an iPod/iPhone?
Connect an iPod/iPhone to the unit via the Lightning cable attached to the iPod/iPhone. And then play back music by using the unit’s iPod/iPhone playback function.
- How to connect a device to the unit via Bluetooth®?
Refer to the instruction manual of the unit and the Bluetooth® device.
- Can a cell phone and the unit be connected via Bluetooth®?
Depending on the profile your cell phone supports, the cell phone can be connected to the unit via Bluetooth® and make a call in Hands-Free mode.
- Contacts in a cell phone’s phonebook cannot be forwarded to the unit’s phonebook.
Some types of cell phones cannot forward contacts. Refer to the instruction manual of the phone and the Smartphone Compatibility List on our website.
- Smartphone link is impossible.
- Turn on the power of the smartphone and confirm it is working.
- Connect the smartphone to the unit via the cable attached to the smartphone. If it has been connected, disconnect the cable and connect again.
- Use iPhone that supports Apple CarPlay or an Android smartphone that supports Android Auto. To use Apple CarPlay, iOS8 or later versions is necessary. To use Android Auto, Android OS5 or later OS versions is necessary. Refer to the Smartphone Compatibility List on our website for details.
- Smartphone link between the unit and an Android smartphone is impossible.
If the date that is set on the unit and the one set on the Android smartphone are different, smartphone link does not work. Set the date on the unit to meet the one on the Android smartphone.
- Smartphone link cannot be switched between smartphones.
When you want to change the smartphone linked to the unit, disconnect it from the unit and then connect the other smartphone to be linked.
- Some types of music files cannot be played back.
Refer to the unit’s instruction manual for playable music files.
- Sound is distorted.
Turn down and adjust the volume to the optimum level.
- Information for playing music is not displayed.
It is not displayed if the playing music file does not contain any information.
- The unit does not recognize the USB memory.
Use the USB memory with the format of FAT 16 or FAT 32.
- Bluetooth® connection is impossible.
Refer to the instruction manual of the unit and the Bluetooth® device for the condition of the connection.